Friday, November 6, 2009

Book 3 Chapter 10

It is 6:30 in the morning where I am at and today is April 3rd, 2009. This at least gives the reader a taste of what time frame we are in. You never know. Some day in the near future there may be a child who finds this information archived and wonder what person was writing this and why. What was going on in the day to create such a piece of work? Why would someone have to write as to have to educate people of their rights or stories that were missed by the everyday person? I have learned that unless you live in a place or a time, you can not understand this day.
Just like a new King on the hill being elected. Someone of another color. No matter what his race is or where he stands, he created a change in the current society and those of us alive at this time got to witness that. That is almost as if being there for Martin Luther King, Rosa Parks, The Boston Tea Party, or the signing of the Constitution. How we take these precious moments of history in the world as if they are nothing that matter or that we did not just witness a miracle in the current system.


I hold no bones about how I feel of the current society. I want you know to know this well, this does not mean I can not appreciate what an important and valuable change in history this is.
Today, I am attending a protest on Wall Street. Here is the link…http://www.bailoutpeople.org/ Now I never promote any link I post, I am just letting you know where I am going, who I interact with, and of course what I have read or seen. I hold myself to a standard most do not in this day and age. I believe that I have a voice for some reason and I am placed in certain situations for reasons unknown at the time. I never asked to be a part of some of the stories I learn about and report on.


A lot of journalist would love to be able to attend the stories I do and be able to write what they see and not what they are syndicated to say. Don’t people deserve that with well reported facts? I may have a view and I will tell you when it is my view, I have no issue doing that, but the facts are the facts. I got interested in the reporting when I was asked to do a Michael Vick Story. There was a lot of reporting and researching before I was done. Then the editor reworded it for today’s reader. So it was more a reporter’s story. This man gave me a chance to report an amazing story that landed me in a sports online forum… http://www.insiderinfo.com/Sports_MichaelVick.php


I have covered protest for Guantanamo Bay. Sat in Court Cases that have reached the Supreme Court House in Washington D.C... To know I was a part of this historic moment in History drives me to seek to find out what is going on. I have started to see that everything is defiantly not as it appears. It pains me to say this, but I often wonder now what the true motive for the people doing what they were doing. I went to find out the story, not to pick sides. I am a reporter, not a supporter.


Today’s protest, honestly, was larger, but the same people who have not an idea for the most part of what the rest of the world goes through on a daily basis and still survive on less than they do. What gives? It is like the mute leading the blind to a point. It is almost as if you are watching people who truly have nothing better to do than to go protest because the maid is working that day. I am not knocking these people. I am confused.


Some are there because they truly want to help the cause, but they get lost in the others who need to have the attention of the crowds, the news, and the media. I have rarely gone to one of these protests with out people asking me, “Why are you here?” When I respond I am a reporter, they usually assume it is with the times or the post. When they find out that I am not a syndicated reporter, I am treated as if I have 3 heads.


I like court cases because honestly, I can walk in, nicely dressed and I am usually accepted until they see the note pad and I am taking notes. However the Lawyers who see me now in court, they always treat me respectfully I notice. They may not like me there, but they know that I am going to report the truth. I rarely research my stories before I go to the case or protest. Right now, this is the way I am earning my stripes. Every story of any possibility where there may be a way to find out the truth, then as a journalist you should go cover it. Even if it is for the local newspaper or your own and is only about the High School Prom or covering Local Bands. Everyone has to learn hands on how to do this job. It is like detective work because you have to study to find out about what you are covering.


When I wrote on Michael Vick, I did a lot of research on the internet and with friends who understood pit bull fighting. Also about his Football Career. You can find my work on what I discovered on both Helium and Associated Content under my profile along with a lot of my other writings if you are waiting for the next chapter to come out and I am running behind again. I try to understand my cases with emercing myself into the story with out much research so I have no predisposition on the situation. A blank slate. I do not want to form an opinion before I understand the people. That is important to me.


The research I am finding upon these protest are highly disappointing in the fact that we live in America, Land of the Free. This land was built by blood and sweat, and it is being stolen right in front of our eyes. It is not just the lack of passion with in the people that pass by and even some that are with in the protesters. There is bastardization of the Constitution, pushed to its very threads until it is ready to break. Tax dollars well in use with the double to triple police and security budget for the City the demonstration and protest is in. This is NYC remember, time is Money. Wall Street is an expensive piece of property here.


Today, I hang my head in the feeling of defeat because as a journalist I must tell the truth and as a Constitutional Supporter to the fullest and a very proud American, how do you report what others are not willing to because of the fear of being duck taped and syndicated? Tarred and feathered for your beliefs and what you see. How do you explain the pain that you feel seeing the homeland, the first state that many survived so much and still do to this day just for the Freedoms we were born with. There is no way to explain that pain or sorrow.


For me to see the world as I do, through what some would consider the Center of the Universe. I see the Universe crumbling from Wall Street to Justice Lane of where our money is going, How we as a Nation, not everyone, but a lot, are becoming tuned into 1984 and they really do not want to unplug from that machine. The machine is too comfortable.


My comfort level was broken long ago, this is just a thrill ride now as this concludes our bookcast blogcast day. You are now free to move about the cabin.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home